Looking for the best BiPAP machines in India? Read through this article!
This article will help you combat your problem, as I have come up with the BiPAP machines and their reviews, their specifications, pros, and cons. Moreover towards the end, I have also answered some of the most frequently asked questions around this topic. So, read through this article to find your BiPAP machine.
Our top picks
- Philips DreamStation BiPAP machine
Best Bi-level Therapy– DreamStation positive airway pressure (PAP) sleep therapy devices are designed to be as comfortable and easy to experience as sleep is intended to be. DreamStation devices empower users to embrace their care with confidence, and enable care teams to practice efficient and effective patient management.
- ResMed Lumis 150 VPAP ST BiPAP machine
Personalised ventilation made easy– Lumis 150 VPAP ST is a noninvasive ventilator designed for non-dependent patients with obstructive or restrictive respiratory conditions.
- ResMed AirCurve 10 ST BiPAP machine
Quiet and Compact– The AirCurve 10 ST device is indicated for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea especially (OSA) in patients weighing more than 66 lb (30 kg). It is intended for home and hospital use.
- Philips A40 BiPAP machine
Adaptable Features– Inspired by you and your patients, the bi-level ventilator BiPAP A40 has been designed to combine ease-of-use and comfort with technological innovations that adapt to your patient’s condition to deliver enhanced therapy.
- BMC Y30T BiPAP machine
Best Humidifier– It’s Simple, reliable, sensitive and quickly synchronized with the patient. It is applicable to sleep snoring and sleep apnea patients
The 10 best-selling BiPAP machines
Finding a machine that suits both your budget and your requirements can be a tedious task. To help my readers make a better decision, in this article I have provided all the required information.
Summary of the Top 10 BiPAP best-selling machines
|S.no||Product Name||Price Range|
|1.||Philips A40 BiPAP machine||₹ 1,87,000- 2 lakh|
|2.||ResMed AirCurve 10 V Auto||₹ 38,000- 41,000|
|3.||ResMed AirCurve 10 ST BiPAP machine||₹ 66,000- 68,000|
|4.||Philips DreamStation S/T BiPAP||₹ 58,000- 61,000|
|5.||ResMed Floton ST 25 BiPAP Machine with humidifier||₹ 37,000- 38,000|
|6.||ResMed Lumis 150 VPAP ST BiPAP machine||₹ 94,000- 96,000|
|7.||BMC RESmart GII Y30T BiPAP machine||₹ 32,000- 40,000|
|8.||ResMed Stellar 150 BiPAP machine||₹ 1,50,000- 2.25 lakh|
|9.||BPL LifePAP 25S BiPAP machine||₹ 81,000- 83000|
|10.||ResMed S9 H5i Heated Humidifier||₹ 12,000- 14,000|
A complete list of the 10 best-selling BiPAP machines
Without any further delay, check out the complete specifications of the BiPAP machine brands that we selected for you. Understand and note down your requirements to choose the best machine.
1. Philips A40 BiPAP machine
Inspired by you and your patients, the bi-level ventilator BiPAP A40 has been designed to combine ease-of-use and comfort with technological innovations that adapt to your patient’s condition to deliver enhanced therapy. The AVAPS-AE fully automatic ventilation mode, supports long term therapy compliance.
- Model name : A40
- Weight: 2.1 kg
FEATURES of Philips A40 BiPAP machine
- Hybrid ventilation: AVAPS (Average Volume Assured Pressure Support) AVAPS-AE
- IPAP: 4 40 cm H2O
- EPAP: 4 25 cm H2O
- System One humidity control and Dry Box technology
- Monitoring :Pressure, tidal volume, minute ventilation, respiratory rate, leak, I/E ratio
- Battery Back- up :Detachable battery module: 5 hours at IPAP 12 cm H2O / EPAP 7 cm H2O and 12 bpm
- Data management : Encore Pro 2 and Direct View software; Compatible with oximetry module; Advanced detection of residual respiratory events (Apnea/Hypopnea Index, Obstructed Airway Apnea, Clear Airway Apnea, Hypopnea, Periodic Breathing, RERA, Large Leak and Snore)
- Remote control: Compatible with PC Direct
- Polygraph and polysomnography connections :Direct connection to Alice PDx and Alice6 PSGs, AOM to connect to most PSG systems
2. ResMed AirCurve 10V Auto
The AirCurve 10 VAuto is an auto-adjusting bilevel machine that uses the comfort of both the AutoSet algorithm and Easy-Breathe waveform in its VAuto algorithm to treat obstructive sleep apnea patients who can benefit from greater pressure support. Moreover the AirCurve 10 VAuto adjusts the baseline pressure to hold the airway open while maintaining a fixed pressure support
- Operating Mode: S, VAuto, CPAP
- Pressure Range: S, VAuto: 2 to 25 cm H2O (2 to 25 hPa); CPAP: 4 to 20 cm H2O (4 to 20 hPa)
- Model name : AirCurve 10 V auto
- Weight: 1248 gm
FEATURES of ResMed AirCurve 10V Auto
- Easy-Comfort Breathe Technology
- Consistent Humidification
- Built-in Ambient Light Sensor
- Continuous Leak Management
- Quiet Easy-Breathe Motor
- Climate Control
- Supplemental Oxygen Maximum flow: 15 L/min (CPAP, S); 4 L/min (VAuto)
3. ResMed AirCurve 10 ST BiPAP machine
The AirCurve 10 ST is a Bilevel device offering perfect patient ventilator synchrony with its incorporated backup rate. In addition the AirCurve 10ST offers the best solution for patients who need extremely reliable, non-invasive type of ventilation either at home or in hospital care, and is equipped with all the latest innovative technology features.
- Pressure Range: 2-25 Cm H2O
- Model name : AirCurve 10ST
FEATURES of ResMed AirCurve 10 ST BiPAP machine
- Easy-Breathe technology
- Climate Control
- Continuous leak management enables reliable delivery of therapy pressure while maintaining patient-device synchrony.
- Compatible with up to 15 L/min of supplemental oxygen in S and CPAP mode and 4 L/min in VAuto mode.
- The built-in ambient light sensor adjusts to the brightness of the room. So if you need to get up during the night, the screen’s back light won’t disrupt your bed partner. Moreover the light also turns off automatically, so you can settle back to sleep without disturbance.
4. Philips DreamStation S/T BiPAP
DreamStation BiPAP S/T makes your patient’s care personal and their care plan efficient and effective. To encourage long-term use, DreamStation algorithms automatically adjust to patient needs, and help them adjust to and continue to use therapy. And the Dream Mapper application offers coaching and therapy engagement tools to support adherence.
- Ventilation mode: S and T
- Model name : Dream station
- Ramp Down: Yes
FEATURES of Philips DreamStation S/T BiPAP
- Spontaneous & Timed triggers – automatic and manual adjustments
- DreamMapper program
- Wide Range IPAP/EPAP Support
- Advanced exhalation support
- Comes with plastic tubing. Heated Tubing Sold Separately
- Digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity
- Breath Rate: 1 to 30 (increment of 1 breath)
- Flex Comfort: Bi-Flex (only available in S mode)
- Humidification Modes (3): Fixed, Adaptive, Heated Tube
- Mask Type Resistance Control: Standard
- Ramp Time: 0 – 45 minutes, Standard Ramp
- Altitude Compensation: Automatic
- Advanced Event Detection: Standard
- Flow Waveforms: Standard
5. ResMed Floton ST 25 BiPAP Machine with humidifier
ResMed Floton S25 is a non invasive ventilator which is compact comfortable and has continuous sync function. Featuring Adaptative Triggering Technology (ATT), which monitors each stage of the respiration cycle, Floton is designed to effortlessly synchronise with the natural breathing of a patient and reduce their work of breathing.
- Pressure range : 4cm H2O (0.4kPa) -20 cm H2O (2.0kPa)
- Pressure variance : ±0.4 cm H2O (0.04kPa)
- Water temperature : 44°C Maximum
- Relative humidity : 10% – 93%(non-condensing)
- Atmosphere pressure : 700hPa – 1060hPa
FEATURES of ResMed Floton ST 25 BiPAP Machine with humidifier
- ATT(Adaptive Triggering Technology) tracks every breath and monitors the different stages of the respiration cycle utilizing an Advanced Leak Calculation Algorithm that ensures reduced Work of Breathing (WOB) whilst providing the patient with effective and comfortable treatment.
- BiLevel ventilation with Spontaneous (S) mode up to 20 cmH2O
- Floton is the best BiLevel device with 5 modes of ventilation – S, T, ST, APCV, and CPAP, inspiration pressure from 4cm H2O to 33cm H2O
- Compact, Light and Quiet, the Floton BiLevel understands that every breath is different.
- Using advanced Adaptive Triggering Technology (ATT), Floton is designed to effortlessly synchronize with the natural breathing of the patient.
6. ResMed Lumis 150 VPAP ST BiPAP machine
Lumis 150 VPAP ST is a non invasive ventilator designed for non-dependent patients with obstructive or restrictive respiratory conditions.
Featuring ResMed’s unique volume-assurance mode – iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) – Lumis 150 VPAP ST maintains target alveolar ventilation to suit each patient’s changing needs. And with an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR) and optional AutoEPAP, iVAPS continuously monitors ventilation and the upper airway.
- Pressure Range: 2–25 cm H2O
- Model name : Lumis 150
FEATURES of ResMed Lumis 150 VPAP ST BiPAP machine
- Intelligent Backup Rate
- AutoEPAP Maintains Upper Airway Patency
- QuickNav For Low Touch Therapy Adjustment
- Climate Control Auto For Automatic Humidification
- Vsync Provides Excellent Ventilator Synchrony
- Ramp And Ramp Down For Extra Comfort
- IVAPS Provides Smooth Pressure Support
- ResScan Software For Advanced Clinical Insights
- Trigger And Cycle Helps You Optimize Settings
7. BMC RESmart GII Y30T BiPAP machine
The BMC RESmart GII Y30T BIPAP is an affordable BPAP device which comes with a humidifier and support CPAP & S, S / T, T BIPAP operating modes. Y30T is extremely easy to set up.
- Pressure Range: 4-30cm H20
- Model name : Y30T
- Auto on/off: Yes
- Weight: 1.3 kg
FEATURES of BMC RESmart GII Y30T BiPAP With Humidifier
- Simple, reliable, sensitive, quickly synchronized with the user.
- CPAP, S, S / T, T operating modes
- IPAP 4-30, EPAP 4-30
- 8-step inhalation-exhalation triggers
- Adjusting the inhalation-exhalation pressure, inhalation time (0.5-3 seconds) and respiration rate
- 3.5 “color LCD display; high-quality body and humidifier materials
- Monitoring Vt, Res Rate, Min Vent, Leak. Alarms in all respects
- 5-step adjustment of the humidifier
- Display of the key parameters of therapy in the online mode
8. ResMed Stellar 150 BiPAP machine
ResMed Stellar 150 ventilator is suitable for invasive and non-invasive ventilation, either at home or in a healthcare setting. It’s not a life support ventilator. In addition it also includes iVAPS ( intelligent Volume- Assured Pressure Support) technology to adjust to your changing respiratory needs.
- Respiratory rate: 20 bpm and 45 bpm
- Model name : Stellar 150
- Weight : 2.1 Kg
FEATURES of ResMed Stellar 150 BiPAP machine
- Hypoallergenic air filter
- Low pressure oxygen connector
- ResMed USB stick
- Air filter cover
- Data port for USB stick
- Antibacterial filter
9. BPL LifePAP 25S BiPAP machine
BPL LIFEPAP 25S with eVAPs mode, maintains ventilation to suit your changing needs. It comes with integrated humidifier and Ramp function for user comfort. It’s high resolution SD card is capable of storing 1 year therapy data. EVAPS function ensures that constant average tidal volume is effectively delivering.
- Ventilation mode: CPAP, S, AUTO S
- Model name : LifePAP 25S
- Pressure range : 4-25 CmH2O
FEATURES of BPL LifePAP 25S BiPAP machine
- E-VAPS (Volume Assured Pressure Support): eVAPS, intelligently ensures the required pressure support for patients to deliver the intended fixed volume
- Auto E-pap: Addresses any upper airway obstruction. Monitors your upper airway and auto adjust the expiratory pressure
- Intelligent Pressure release (iPR): Makes the therapy comfortable by reducing the treatment pressure upon exhalation
- Advanced Ventilation Algorithm: Works in synchronous with the patients own breathing pattern, thereby improving the patient’s compliance with the therapy
- Simple and intuitive user interface: Personalized patient comfort settings along with different modes lets patients undergo a seamless and a worry free therapy.
- Multiple Therapy Modes : CPAP, S, AUTO S, S/T, T, & AUTO S/T Therapy Modes
- Display: High Resolution 5″inch color touch screen display
- Humidifier: Integrated humidifier along with pre-heating function
- Power Efficient: Energy-saving mode and auto therapy ON/OFF functions
- Intelligent Adjustments: Auto altitude and auto humidity adjustment
10. ResMed S9 H5i Heated Humidifier
The ResMed H5i heated humidifier offers relief from dryness and congestion by integrating with the S9 CPAP. It doesn’t require any separate power supply, your existing S9 device will automatically detect as soon as the H5i is connected.
Firstly, H5i has added intelligence to help deliver constant humidity to minimize rain-out during standard humidification. Secondly, It can be used with either the standard SlimLine tubing or with the recommended ClimateLine Heated tube. Thirdly, by using the ClimateLine Heated tube will optimize relative humidity and eliminate rain-out issues further.
- Operating Humidity: 10-95% Non-Condensing
- Model name : H5i
- Maximum gas temperature: 410 C
- Maximum heater plate temperature: 90 Watts
FEATURES of ResMed S9 H5i Heated Humidifier
- Automatic. Patients can simply connect the H5i to the S9 device and it’s ready to go.
- Convenient for instance the H5i is powered by the therapy device, so no separate power cord is required.
- Easy to use. The water tub is easy for patients to disassemble, clean and reassemble.
Buying Guide For BiPAP Machine
When shopping for a BiPAP machine, it is important to know its main features and design elements that you should be looking for. This buying guide will help you identify what you should be looking for and also introduce you to the terminology used with these machines.
Type of sleep apnea you have
This is, of course, the most important point. As mentioned earlier, there are two main types of sleep apnea, OSA, and CSA.
It is important to visit your doctor and understand what you suffer from so you can be able to buy the right machine. Proper and constant use of a BiPAP machine will promote quality sleep and overall health and wellbeing for someone who suffers from sleep apnea.
This refers to the amount of air that can be pressurized by the machine. Most of them will need 4-16 centimeters of water, i.e., cm/h2o. – this is the measurement used to measure the pressure. Look for a BiPAP machine that has a range of 4-20 because unless the doctor prescribes to you differently, this is what is needed.
It is important to have a machine that allows you to make adjustments when needed. For instance, you can be able to make adjustments to the level of air pressure that the machine is generating, or event he altitude in which the machine is operating. In addition these kinds of control adjustments are crucial for a BiPAP machine because they help make life easier. Buy a machine that will afford you this type of control and flexibility.
A BiPAP machine is significantly priced, and therefore, a warranty assures you of the machine’s ability straight from the manufacturer. A warranty will also protect you from a malfunctioning machine and will help you if you need a replacement.
Some machines will have an alert system which is always a good thing because it can easily alert you if the pressure is off, or if the mask falls off, or if there is a leak in the hose. These alarms are delivered via an alarm or by use of an LED screen.
In conclusion, When it comes to your health really, no cost is too much, and you can spend whatever amount so that you can improve your level of living and make you comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can a BiPAP machine be used at home?
Yes, the compact and lightweight design makes it suitable to use at home.
Q2. Does it treat sleep apnea completely?
No. BiPAP machines do not treat this condition, and they only make life easier for people who suffer from sleep apnea.
Q3. What do BiPAP settings mean?
These are the pressure settings. They are usually measured in cmH2O, and for a BiPAP machine, the settings may start as low as 8 or 10, and you can be able to adjust this up to 24. This is very high, and you may need a doctor’s recommendation to go that high.
For the BiPAP machine, the inhalation pressure must always be higher than the exhalation pressure so you can be able to control the Bilevel airflow. When patients struggle to breathe, the settings are normally adjusted.
Q4. Is a BiPAP machine life support?
“They can be used as life support in the event of complete respiratory failure.” A BiPAP machine, along with CPAP machines, are typically used by patients who suffer from sleep apnea.